David M. Kahan, MD
David M. Kahan, MD is an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in conditions and treatment of the hand and upper extremity. Dr. Kahan received his undergraduate degree from Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs, NY, his medical degree from Jefferson Medical College, now known as Sidney Kimmel Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, completed his residency and chief residency in orthopedic surgery at Cooper Medical School of Rowan University, and completed an additional year of specialized training during his fellowship in Hand & Upper Extremity Surgery at the Rothman Institute of Thomas Jefferson University.
During his residency, he developed a passion for nerve injuries and built a research lab to investigate how to make nerves heal better. He has been published in peer-reviewed journals, authored textbook chapters, been awarded competitive grant funding and research awards, and has presented at international conferences. He continues his research to this day.
In addition to treating injuries, fractures, and degenerative conditions of the hand and upper extremity affecting patients of all ages, Dr. Kahan has trained with world-renowned nerve surgeons and welcomes patients with peripheral nerve conditions to his practice.
- Millennium Surgical
- Salem Memorial Hospital
- Select Surgical Center
- Undergraduate: Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, NY
- Medical: Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
- Internship: Cooper Medical School of Rowan University, Camden, NJ
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Cooper Medical School of Rowan University, Camden, NJ
- Hand & Upper Extremity Fellowship: Rothman Institute of Thomas Jefferson University, -Philadelphia, PA
Licensure & Certification
- Board Eligible, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Medical Doctor – New Jersey State Board of Medical Examiners
- New Jersey
Honors & Awards
- Chief Orthopedic Resident, CMSRU 2017-2018
- Steve Graham Resident Scholarship Award June 2018
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
get urgent care now!
We are ready to give you immediate care