Seth M. Silver, MD, FAAOS
Board-Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
A graduate of The Georgetown University School of Medicine, he continued his training in the United States Army Medical Corps. His residency was completed at Brooke Army Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston Texas.
He is a veteran of Desert Storm / Desert Shield. Shortly after returning from the Gulf War he trained Orthopedic surgical residents, ran a sports medicine clinic, an amputee clinic and supervised podiatrist while serving as an officer in the United States Army. He remains a member of the Society of Military Orthopedic Surgeons.
Since moving to southern Jersey in the early ‘90s, Dr. Silver has sat on the board of the Committee on the Aspect of Sports Medicine in the New Jersey State Medical Society. He’s been a consultant to the New Jersey Interscholastic Athletic Association(NJSIAA) on matters concerning the health and welfare of school-age athletes. He is also the school/team physician for Millville High School. He is the Medical Director of the Ambulatory Care Center in Vineland New Jersey. He is also a consultant to Bayada Nursing. He has been recognized nearly a dozen times as a “Top Doc” in the state of New Jersey.
“My practice is not limited to sports medicine, and I certainly enjoy adult reconstructive surgery.”
Dr. Silver has many hobbies and interests that take him away from his busy Orthopedic practice. He’s an avid hunter and sports enthusiast. He is a Forest Stewart and a member of the New Jersey State Forestry Association. Along with his wife Merle, they’re very proud of their family accomplishments—the parents of three sons; two of whom are Army rangers, one a West Point graduate. They are also the grandparents of four girls, two of whom are identical twins.
“As a result of being an orthopedic patient due to a variety of injuries throughout my life I treat my patients with professional and personal empathy. I believe that knowledgeable patients make the best decisions about their own treatment. I want my patients to understand their condition, how it developed, and how various treatment approaches can approve or repair the problem. When we consider treatment alternatives, I present a realistic outlook on the results we can achieve. I’ll also be frank about any risk that may be involved. If a non-surgical option is available, it will be explored in-depth.
My practice philosophy is to ‘treat as you would your own family.’”
- Undergraduate: Wilkes College, Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania B.A. Biology
- Medical: Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC
- Internship: Brooke Army Medical Center, Ft. Sam Houston, Texas
- Residency: Brooke Army Medical Center, Ft. Sam Houston, Texas
Licensure & Certification
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery (ABOS) July 1990-December 1999
- Recertified: January 2000-December 2010
- Recertified: January 2010-December 2020
Honors & Awards
- “Top Doc” New Jersey Monthly Magazine: 2005
- “Top Doc” South jersey Monthly Magazine: 2007, 2012
- “Best of the Best” The Daily Journal: 2009
- “Top Doc” Inside Jersey Magazine: 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery, Fellow
- Cumberland County Medical Society
- Medical Society of New Jersey
- New Jersey Orthopaedic Society
- Society of Military Orthopedic Surgery
- ASCA-Ambulatory Surgery Center Association
- NJAASC- NJ Association of Ambulatory Surgical Centers
get urgent care now!
We are ready to give you immediate care